Monday, October 3, 2011

Desks, Lockers, and Cabinets Oh My!


About a week ago, Ben's job had an auction to get rid of all the stuff they didn't need after their move to a new building. We scored: 6 rolling chairs, 5 'desks' (probably more like printer tables), a locking storage cabinet, and a set of 18 lockers (the small 1 foot square ones) for $65. I was impressed with the price, but the kids have been SO excited because today was the first day of our entire homeschooling life that the kids have had their own desks. We have always schooled at long tables or the kitchen table and I gotta say...I LOVE THESE DESKS and the kids have spent quite a bit of time personalizing everything. Guess it's contagious, because I'm excited for them! We also moved the schoolroom downstairs (to be closer to laundry and cooking...sigh...) and our bedroom upstairs so I'm hoping that this will work great this year.

Oh, and to throw in a random bit from today...our yard is swarming with these little guys. The boys are loving it. Me, not so much. Although, he looks like he's smiling at me :)

1 comment:

  1. Did you take that picture of the grasshopper? If so, it is amazing!
    GREAT buy on your desks/chairs! That is the price of 1 chair.
    Congrats on your find, and I'm glad it helped start your school year off right. :)

    ReplyDelete